Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hong Kong!

I totally knocked myself out once I boarded the plane. Had a wink during the flight but it wasn't enough. Reached the hotel at 1230hrs, and waited for Maddie to arrived. She's in Hong Kong to spend new year with her Indonesia friends. She was suppose to come Shanghai with me but there were come changes. Knowing that I'm going to Hong Kong, she extended her stay till the 4th, spending 3 days 2 night with me in Hong Kong.

When she came over to my hotel, we left our stuff and went out for lunch. Hungry, tired and stoned! She brought me around Hong Kong island a bit since she's been here quite a few time during her modelling days. Met up with her Hong Kong friend to get some information on Ex-Beaute, some cosmetics stuff which she will be bringing over to Singapore.

Had dinner at the cafe. Went back to hotel to rest. Yes, I need to rest. While I enjoyed a good night sleep, She went out to meet her Indonesia friends for some drinks cos they are going back home the next day.

Here are some pics of Hong Kong. The colourful, vibrant and fast-paced city.












Dessert we had at another cafe. Assorted flavoured Mango pudding.


While Maddie is out drinking, I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling hungry. So I took a walk out in then streets of Hong Kong and landed myself in this cafe for supper at 0330hrs.






Back to the hotel at about 0430hrs and Maddie is not back yet. Munched on some snacks while waiting for her but then I dozed off soon after. Reckon she came back at about 0600hrs. Was suppose to go to Macau but since she came back so "early", let her sleep till late noon.

We had high tea before thinking of how to spend the rest of the day.


We seat in this cab with a sports steering wheel, and the driver is very young!


We went to Mong Kok instead, the Ladies Street, where there are plenty of stalls selling all sorts of stuff. It's like a night market and very colourful, very bright!






Ladies street night market.


Dinner was at this place. The signboard is so bright that it over-expose my camera!




Ice coffe which looks like tea.


Once dinner's done, we walked around somemore and then it's finally back to the hotel to rest our feets and pack our shopping bags. Maddie's flight is in the evening the next day. So she gotta pack her luggage. We had planned to visit Wong Tai Sin temple the next day, so need to rest early. But soon later, recieved an sms from her Indonesia friend and they had extended their departure to the next day. We went to Lan Kwai Fong for a drink instead. As their flight is early morning, we didn't stayed long at the pub, Halo.

Maddie and I continued at our hotel's bar and the both of us popped a bottle of Moet, drank till 0200hrs and went to bed.


Maddie and her Chole handbag.


Woke up unreluctantly and wanting to spend more time under the warm sheets instead. We had to go to the temple and Maddie need to leave the hotel at 1500hrs for her flight back to Singapore. With only 3 hours to spend, it was quite a rush.

Maddie preparing to go out. A must for women I guess.


Took the MTR to Wong Tai Sin.


Wong Tai Sin.


Maddie praying and drawing lots. I was done with mine.




Maddie posing in front of the temple.


Stalls outside the temple. Very red!


Once we're done with the explanation of the lots we've drawn, we gotta rush back to Hong Kong island to pick up her luggage. And we need to have lunch as well. Timing was just ok but a bit tight though.

Had this Hong Kong style mixed rice.


Maddie left for the airport and I took a nap and woke up in the evening. Went to Stanley market, then back to Ladies street, had dinner there and back to hotel to pack my luggage. Going back to Shanghai the next day.

Views from Stanley market. It's pretty far out of the island, and houses there are big and expensive. Most of the expats stay around this area.




Dinner at Hong Kong styled cafe.


Their legal Mahjong centre.


These are what I've bought during my trip in Hong Kong. Nothing much though, since most are spent on food, transport and more food.

No comments: