Friday, March 10, 2006

Steamboat! (Updated)

Been a week I update my blog. Now it's time to look back what happened. ;)

3nd March
Back to work in the morning after coming back from Melbourne just the night before. Met up with my ATR bros for coffee at 58 at around 1700hrs. Stayed for about an hour and a half before visiting the accessories shop to kill time before meeting the other Devils for dinner.

We had steamboat at Golden Mile Tower and it's suppose to be very popular, but it's my first time to this place. It was indeed very pack when we were there and they have to extend their tables to the alley. Chief, his partner, Devil T, his wife, Bro P, Bro N and me, all 7 of us had steamboat and it only cost us SGD70 including drinks. Pretty good price I would say. Don't mind going back there again. And the dishes they serve comes in standard package, where they already mix the ingredients all placed nicely, ready to be cooked. Unlike some steamboat where you pick only what you wanna eat.

Also they sell white chicken and they only serve chicken rice. So we had steamboat, with white chicken and chicken rice. All for SGD70, I say that's cheapI shall let the pictures do the talking. ;)



After dinner, we walked over to Golden Mile Complex cos Chief's partner wanna buuy some Thai CD. Took this opportunity to digest our dinner as well. I've been to this place before but didn't walked inside the mall, and not till this day, I realised this mall is full of goods and groceries from Thailand! Even the signboards are in Thai! Amazing! Makes you feel like you're in Thailand!

Welcome to the Thailand in Singapore


This place is where buses and coaches are, and they fetch people to different towns of Malaysia some even to Thailand. And I've taken this coach before, once, to Malaysia, KL. Took me 6 hours to reach KL. My first ride up for a "mission", just because of a pair of shoe.

This shoe!


And this "misson" wa so popular with my friends that they used the story to tease me and said I cross the boundaries and made things difficult between their partners and spouses. Hehehe... Let's see when do I have the mood, then I will tell more about the story of this shoe. ;)

After Chief's partner got her CD, we head down to Bro E's pub at Le Meridian. Stayed there till midnight and we all head back home since some of them still need to work the next day. And I've realized, somehow I've overcome my allergy to beer. I've been drinking one bottle at each occasion and not once the next day I get rashes. Did I counter this allergy with the increase of drinking session?

4th March
Bro N called up to ask if I wanna join them to go into Malaysia and check out the new track. too bad I got tutorial so I turned him down. Which I regretted, cos tutorial was so boring and the lecturer didn't help much in our coming exam. Anyway after the tutorial, went to meet Mad Chinaboy.

He was conned into losing his handphone and his hostel mates denied taking his handphone when they were the last few to look at his handphone the night before. I went down to his hostel but those 3 fellows weren't in the hostel. And the one that last took his handphone went to Malaysia, only to be back the next day.

So I talked to his room mate and told him to pass a message to him, that I wanna see the handphone the next time I comedown to look for him, if not he's going to the police station for sure.

We had dinner together and then went to Pearl centre to get MCB another handphone, and also to withdraw some cash which his sister mailed me the atm card, to replaced the one that can't be used. Send him back to the hostel and met up with Sis S at Bro E's pub. Had a bottle of Heineken and reached home before midnight, head for bed.

Sweet dreams...

5th March
Sunday, bloody sunday... Hardly have the chance to sleep well and I got calls early in the morning. Dragged myself out of bed and since my niece and nephew are here, had lunch with them, and then went back to bed again till I go to work in the evening.

Bro PW leaving for BKK and came over to visit me in the store in the evening. Would have went out to have coffee with him if I'm not alone in the store.

Well, work ended late, am still awake to hit home, so drove around to buy this month's Hot Stuff magazine. Sis SR appeared in this month's edition under the SGR (Singapore Girl Racer) club. This magazine is so hot selling that I've to visit 5 petrol kiosk then I managed to get hold of it.

Thought of asking Devil J and Sis S out for supper since they are the nocturnal beings who will be wide awake at night. Then again, I reckon I head home to rest early. Took a bath and who knows, Devil J called, telling me he's with Sis S at Jalan Kayu, ask me to join them. What a coincidence, when I just thought of calling them, they asked me to join them instead!

We hanged around there, sipped tea and left around 0430hrs. Reach home and didn't go to bed till 0700hrs.

6th March
Off day, and what did I do? I slept at home the whole day! Hahaha.. Only to go to class in the evening. And it's an early night for me.

7th March
My rear right tyre has been giving me problems after coming back from the last track. It's loosing air bit by bit and went 50% flat after 2 days of pumping. When I got back my car from Sis S, I think she drove around and got a long nail into it. Thank god it's the same tyre. I got it patched, still it's loosing air.

So I decided to get it replaced. And I've to change the rear 2 tires. Being that I've done a rotation after coming back from track and it was originally in front. And cos of tracking and not enough air pumped into it, the side wall are worn out due to hard cornerings. So have to change a pair and put them in the front, and let it run abit and it should be good for this coming 25th track day.

Went to a few tyre shop but they don't have stock for the tyre I need, got to place order. I don't like to wait and would prefer to have them now since I only got the time now to run around and go search for it. Gave up searching for it since I'm tired after a day's work. So head home and took a nap before meeting my god-sister for dinner and her daughter for dinner.

Been 2 years I met up with her and the last time was when her daughter is celebrating her 1 month of birth. Meeting her tonight cos she's finally gonna go to the Register of Marriage (ROM)! So this dinner is to celebrate with her. Yupe, she gave birth to her daughter before getting married, and it took them 2 yrs to finally sign on the dotted line.

Her big eyes daugther, Chloe!


And we went shopping for her shoe to match her dress on the ROM date. Saw these shoes which is only selling for SGD9.90 at Suntec, Novo! Cheap and nice!


After all the shopping and dinner, sent them home and I myself went home to have an early night.

8th March
Woke up feeling groggy.. Felt sick, and yes.. I got the flu virus.. No wonder I've been feeling tired for the past few days.. And I so so so hate having flu.. Nose stuck, difficulty in breathing, sense of smell not there, keep sneezing and using tissue to clear nucus.. Arrrggghhhh..

But it ain't gonna stop me from having fun! Devil J is off today and he arranged to party tonight with the rest of the Devils. And ever since he got into a real bad accident with his car and had to total loss his car, he's been out of the scene for some time. Partly cos he's busy as well with his work and since he's off and organised an outing, all of us obliged to his outing. :P

And I was a good boy, I went home early to sleep and rest, cos of my flu. Hahahaha... :P

9th March
Ended work at 1500hrs and rushed down to attend my god-sister's ROM. Was there on time when she told me it will only start at 1545hrs. But there went in early cos it's a 1st come 1st serve basis and since they are early, they can get it done eariler. Thought they had left but my instinct tells me they are still around cos I notice a car with a baby seat at the back seat, and that's the only car with a baby seat. And it the brand of car that my god-sister's husband drives. Only that I dunno what number was his car. So I assume that belongs to him. So I waited for a while and was I right! They were still around taking photos and got to know it when her husband and daughter walked back to the car to get some water to drink!

Took some photos and left the place at 1700hrs. Send one of her friend to a nearby mall where she wanted to go, and this friend of hers is actually one of our secondary school mate. She's trying to hook me up with this friend of hers, a stewardess, but I show no interest in her, maybe during the ride, somehow had an akward feeling. Maybe during the school days, I don't have a good impression on her. Moreover If I were to add one more to my list, I would really have no time for myself already...

Let's see what happen during my god-sister house warming. Maybe something might spark.. Hehehe... :P

As usual, went to the meet up at 1730hrs and we went to Villa Bali for some red wine after dinner. We had 2 Outlanders joining us tonight and it was nice to see 2 OL joining the ATR club. Being under the same category of vehicle, we only had Airtreks and Airtrek turbos joining the club. This is the first for us and it was nice to have them join us.

Head home at about 10pm and some of them was thinking of going to MB for coffee. But my flu is bothering me so I went home to rest early.

Sweet dreams...

No comments: