Friday, September 15, 2006

Breakfast in the early morning

14th September
Just like the past few nights, couldn't get to sleep. Decided to have breakfast, so drove around looking for a coffee shop that's open in the wee morning. My car brought me to Parkway Parade, and I saw that Ya Kun is about to start the day for business. Waited for a while, read some newpapers and finally they begin to take orders at 0730hrs.

Ordered a breakfast set, comes with coffee, 2 slices of bread with kaya and butter, also 2 soft boiled eggs.


Went home after having my nutritious breakfast. Thinking I would be able to sleep well due to the breakfast, I still can't get to sleep. At 1100hrs, I forced myself to sleep. I was thinking of not sleeping for the day so that when night falls, I would be able to sleep through the night and tune back my bio-clock to it's normal self.

Well, woke up at 1400hrs. Only slept like 3hrs. Felt groggy but couldn't get back to sleep anymore. Lie on my bed, watched a bit of TV and got myself up at 1800hrs to go for the weekly meet up at GV. Had my lunch/dinner at GV, and start to feel sleepy. Stayed till 2000hrs and the guys intend to walk over to Villa Bali for red wine. I reckon it's best I head home for some sleep, and hopefully I can sleep through the night.

But they decided to go GL for some light desserts. So they hopped into my car, no point driving so many cars there and have difficulty finding parking. While at the traffic light at Kallang Stadium, I stopped next to a Mazda Alexa, and it's a female driver with a male passenger in front and another female passenger behind. Me being the friendly driver, smiled at them and gave a friendly wave. They smiled back and waved. The female driver was giggling away and I wound down my window to ask her what so funny? Let's share the joke.

She thought I was checking her friend at the back, but i was actually checking if her car is a hatch back or sedan. Cos Mazda 3 and Alexa looks alike only difference is the boot, so I took a glance and she thought I was checking out her female friend behind. The female driver is friendly. Asked me how's my day, told her it's bored, dunno where to go so on our way for dessert. As a friendly gesture, I asked her where she's heading too, and she said home. Well, ain't that boring too? I asked her. We laughed away.

Too bad the guy passenger is in the way, if not I would have asked her for her name, and maybe asked her to join us for dessert. Gotta give the guy some respect, since I dunno who is he to the female driver. If he's her boyfriend, it may not be a good idea to be so direct, moreover at the traffic light!

Green light, and I drove off, not before saying bye and see her around. Didn't get to see her car plate number cos it was pretty dark and I drove off while she's slowly picking her speed. Anyway, good to know a friendly driver on the road. Pretty sweet lady as well. Hope to see her again, without a male passenger next to her. :P

Had beancurd, the popular Rochor beancurd, which has an outlet at GL. Honestly, it doesn't taste as good as the main branch. The portugese egg tart is still acceptable.




Because of IMF, pleny of road closure around the Suntec area. Road block almost at most junctions in that area. We decided to drive through and check things out since there some diversion. All in all, we saw more than 20 traffic police and that's not usual to see so many traffic police in a night. Drove around town and see how tight and how many junctions have traffic police stationed. It was quite a sight. So many traffic police to see in a night. :P

Drove them back to GV to pick their cars and it's home sweet home. Beginning to feel sleepy during the drive home. That's good. Can sleep through the night then. But once I reach home, took a bath, I felt more awake! Arghhh.... It's gonna be another sleepless night.

15th September
Wide awake still. Went out to the nearby coffee shop and have breakfast. Same thing as what I had at Ya Kun. Coffee, bread and eggs. But, the looks and the taste is so different from Ya Kun. Ya Kun's definitely taste and look way better!

$2.90 for this set. I rather pay 80c more to have what I had at Ya Kun. But too bad they ain't open at 0600hrs.


So now, home from breakfast. Took some flu pills. Don't really feel well and my nose is leaking. Took some muscle relaxant as well, hoping it will make me feel relaxed and go to bed. Let's see if I can just sleep.....

Good night. Rather, Good morning. :P

No comments: