Thursday, September 07, 2006

N73

30th August
Met up the the Wangs at their hotel and brough them to have lunch at 328 Katong laksa. Then to the hostel to arrange for LS's stay. Too bad there isin't any flats which they like can be rented. Went shopping at Suntec City. Had dinner at Samba brazilian restaurant at East Coast. After dinner we head to MB for some tea to digest our heavy dinner. Then it's back to their hotel and me back home to rest.

Took this pic while on the road in the afternoon. It reads, "This is a stupid yellow sign". So what makes the driver? :P


And this is a view from the hotel, looking out at Scotts road.


31st August
Today is LS's birthday. Got him a DVD dictionary, thesaurus, and one that teaches GCE 'O' levels english. Spend the late afternoon at PWP to get his present. Went home to rest as we're only meeting at 1930hrs for dinner at East Coast Seafood Centre.




Brought along the whiskies and we finished half a bottle of it and 1/3 of the JD they brought along. Sent them back to the hotel and me head home to rest. Drank quite a bit for the night.

1st September
We went to check out another flat, and it's not to their liking. Apparently it's too untidy, like the previous few we saw.

Had lunch at the famous Outram Park Ya Hua Ru Gu Cha. It's not as nice as what I've expected and what others have mentioned how good it was.


After lunch, we take a tour in Sentosa since it's near by. The weather is too hot for a stroll, so we didn't really venture much in Sentosa. So after some drive around, we left Sentosa for QW to collect a pair of glasses that LS's mum made. I got myself a pair of Air Force One which I saw few days back. ;)

Went to RH to collect LS's medical check up results. We had Ya Kun for afternoon tea and bought 4 bottles of the kaya for LS's mum and Desmond. They like the kaya.

Then we went to SLS to do some window shopping and got myself a ear piece for the walkie talkie which we use during convoy. We went to Funan centre as well to send LS's laptop in for repair. I finally saw the N93, but was greatly disappointed by the feel of the phone. It just doesn't feel sturdy enough and for the price tag of SGD1250, it's doesn't really feel and operate for the value of the phone.

Send LS's parent back to the hotel while Desmond, Tereza, LS and I went to GL lor 9 for the popular and delicious beef kway teow. I had the whiskies in my car and we have it along with the frog leg porridge, oyster with egg and the beef kway teow! Now there's only half a bottle of JB and 1/3 of Macallan left!

We went to MB for tea and also to meet up with some of the ATR gang. Sent them back to the hotel in an hour's time since they are tired. I went back to meet up with the gang and later to Flame bar to meet Nelson who have some friends in Singapore. I went there to check out his 2 females friends. Sad to say, not what I expected. Still the friend of JH at MB is better. Hehehe.

I left Flame bar to meet up with the gang who is at East Coast playing pool. Just after a while, we left for home. And it's already 0400hrs.

2nd September
We had Bak Ku Teh for lunch at Sin Ming drive, which taste much better than the one we had the other day. After lunch, we went ot the hostel to settle some registration issue. Then we went to 328 Katong laksa since Desmond haven't tried it before. After laksa, we went to PWP to check out some Tag Heuer frames which he's keen on, but only a limited model is available. Also got his eyes checked.

There were some kids event going on in PWP. Took some pics of kids playing with sand.




I checked out the N73 which has been out for some time. And was recommend by a friend working at the Singtel shop. Thought I give it a thought and do a check on this model before buying it. It does feel good holding it and I like the phone when I hold it. Much better then the feel of N93.

We went to Suntec City to check out more Tag Heuer frames, also to do more window shopping. We saw this MOMO design watch and I quite like it. It's more to a fun watch, but the price of SGD800 is not that fun. :P


Desmond went back to the hotel first cos he's feeling tired. While the rest sat at CB to have coffee. As I was contemplating over the N73 I saw, we've no idea where to go anymore and I decided to buy the N73 since we're free, thus we headed to CS to buy the N73 from my friend working there. I LOVE MY N73!!


We sent LS and his parents back to the hotel and they choose to settle dinner on their own while Desmond, Tereza and I went to AMK again for the crabs. We had a good talk about work, lifestyles and alot of stuff over delicious crab!

We ended the night at 2330hrs. Desmond have an early flight to catch the next day.

3rd September
Met up with the ATR gang for the Charity Drive Thru at kallang. Got a bunch of 12 tuilps (man-made), which cost SGD2 each, but I gave SGD30.


After the drive thru, pick the Wangs up cos their going back to Shanghai. Dropped them at the airport and I sent LS to his hostel.

Finally got to rest after all these days of travelling around Singapore.

4th September
Went to ICA to get my IC changed cos I've reached 30 years old. Yupe, 30, and the rule to change IC when one is 30. LS came along cos he needs to get his student pass done.

It took us some time to get our photos taken. The queue is long and because of school holidays, alot of kids, and alot of people in ICA! After we got our photos taken, I hand in my application for my IC and since gotta wait like 30 mins to collect my IC, we went for lunch. We have to come back again to get LS's student visa done. The queue is just too long so we decided to get it done after lunch.

Bumped into Nelson at GL as he is having coffee at the usual coffee shop. Had lunch there and went back to ICA. LS's student visa will take another 2 hours to be done, so instead of waiting at ICA, we went to but some groceries.






Back to ICA to collect his student pass and we had dinner at Punggol Nasi Lemak. Then it's home.

My new IC. I know.. I know I look good in that photo. Thanks. ;P




Took a nap before meeting the PWP gang for gym at California at Bugis. This is my gym card. It's a 2 weeks free trail. Since I'm free now and got companions to go in the night which I'm usually awake, no harm going for gym. ;)




Came back really tired.. And my muscles are aching.. Did like 10 minutes of "running" and then some weights to stretch the muscles on other parts of the body.

5th September
Woke up with sores all over my body, especially my thighs. Met up with LS at PWP to check on his DBS account. Had lunch at PWP and then send him back to his hostel. Need to open another account in HSBC for him but he don't have the necessary documents.

Bought some CDs at PWP before going home. The new David Tao's album is what I'm keen on. But bought another 2 more CDs.






David Tao's album came with a gift.


It's actually a love letter he wrote. And behind is a code to listen to his other 5 new songs. But I didn't managed to find a way to enter the codes when I visited his website.






I napped from 1600hrs to 2000hrs, woke up feeling hungry. Had supper with LS and then back home to sleep again.

6th September
Met up with LS in his school, went to HSBC at Coller Quay to open an account for him so his sis can transfer money over to this account. He got the documents ready, but was told by the bank that he is under the age of 16, cannot open account.

What the information counter at PWP told us a different thing. Say with the necessary documents will do fine, then at Coller Quay, the information counter also say can open account. But then, the customer service say not able to! WTF! Waste our time travelling around!

No choice, send him back to his hostel, had dinner at Punggol Nasi Lemak and back home to nap before I head for the gym in the night.

Jeslin, Colin and Andrew came for gym today. Andy is on leave, went to Redang Island! Tonight "ran" 30 minutes and tried 2 other machines which is more tedious. Did some weights and time did pass by fast. Met up with Jason, Alan and Leslie at Changi Village for coffee. Felt tired so left for home early. And as usual, once I got home, I don't feel tried anymore. Spent the night away in front of my iBook and watching TV. Finally I knocked out at 0700hrs!

No comments: