Saturday, September 01, 2007

August Update

It seems like I'm only updating my blog once a month.. Hehe.. :P

Not actually busy with anything but the progress of my blog has slowed down partly after I've sold the N73 for a Z370 which the camera really sucks and thus not much mood to take pictures like before. Even with my another 6300, it isn't that fantastic as well for picture taking. Also, nothing much really happened over the days and thought just an update once a while should be fine.

Apparently, from the sitemeter report that I received every week, the number of visits and views have increased. Hope my once a while updates didn't bored anyone.. Hahaha..

Anyway, as usual, some pics and what's been happening over the month.

It has always been my wish to dismantle the huge study table that took up a lot of space in my room. It does help to store plenty of my stuff, then again I would be able to make good use of the space that it has taken over the years. Moreover, the wardrobe is placed in front of the light and fan switch, which I have to open the wardrobe then I can reach the switch to on the light or fan. So, I had it dismantled with the help of a contractor who is a friend of my mum, and shifted some stuff in my room, packed some of it aside into boxes and kept them in my balcony. Afterall, I need to get some decent boxes to store the stuff that I had, which would be neater. And It's time I sell away the items which I don't need anymore and won't be in need of it. Like my collection of Stikfas, Posters, Sunglasses (brand new given to me by my previous company), CDs, DVDs, and other items which can be sold online or anywhere. Somehow it has come to a realization that it is better off to sell or give them away rather than taking up so much space and cluster the whole bedroom. Oh.. I'm gonna paint my room as well, in Sunset yellow!! Woooohooooo!! Sunset!!

Here is what it was before.




This is how it is now. Still untidy cos yet to paint the room.






Sammie asked me along to join them (Karan, Sherry, Sherry's friend whom I forgot her name) for a sushi sashimi buffet at Hanabi Japanese Restaurant which is at Odeon Towers. About $40 per pax. It was quite a sight to see 4 babes eat a whole table full of sashimi and sushi!! Our reservation was at 2030hours but didn't managed to get our table till 2045hrs. Best thing is the last order is at 2100 hours. So what Sammie did was, ordered everything on the menu, except for just a few dishes. So imagine when all the dishes were served, there weren't enough space and we have to eat as fast as we could! It looks like an eating competition! And these babes can really eat! I kid you not! I only concentrate on sashimi cos I love sashimi. So I leave the rest to them to finish, and yes they did! I counted there were 144 dishes on the menu and Sammie only took away like 10 dishes! So to say, we have 134 dishes and we did order another few servings of the ones we like.

Gosh..... I shall let the picture be the evidence....






That's karan reaching out to try the soup which is not very nice.... (This is what I don't like about the Z370... It just sucks in taking pictures.... Time to change a phone that can take good pictures....)




Was bored over the weekends and drove my mum's corolla to the car showrooms at Ubi and check out some new models out in the market. Saw this TP at the traffic light and this is one time which I got no worry stopping my car next to him. Afterall it's a corolla. Not my previous Airtrek which wouldn't have passed his inspection. Hehehe... :P


Singapore Paneristi had a small gathering at Benny's house to record a short clip for Hammer and also to collect the Singapore Paneristi Project buckle.




Hammer is a guy in Australia who got hurt during a ski trip and now paralysed. I haven't been updating his condition but knew he's doing pretty fine, and in the Project Walk, Spinal Corf Injury Recovery in USA (http://www.projectwalk.org/). Wish him all the best and a speedy recovery. And this is a video Benny made for him.


Had lunch with Sammie at some Thai restaurant in Golden Mile Complex. The prawn cake is good!


Following day had lunch with Sammie, Tereza, and LS at Marina Square. Haven't been to this place ever since it was renovated. Lunch crowd was really packed and we only managed to find a seat about 15mins later. Sammie bought this rojak which is really good and I prefer it more than the one at East Coast Lagoon which is also very popular. I ordered another plate cos just can't get enough of it! Highly recommended and a must try!


As usual every year my other group of friends will celebrate my birthday for me. Come to think of it we've known each other for about 11 years already. They were actually my ex girlfriend's NUS school mates and during my time with her, I got to know them and we kept this tradition to celebrate birthday for everyone in the group. Till now, although we're not a couple anymore, I've became a close friend to them already and this tradition still go on. We also have our yearly xmas and new year gathering.

Last year we went to Malacca and they celebrate my birthday there. This year it's at YY's house cos one of their child, Freya's birthday is also in August and we celebrate together. YY is good in bbq and it was nice of him to host us at his place. He is also quite a good cook and likes to try out new dishes.

Here's the spread of what we had that night.


This is the cheese mushroom which he invented. Very delicious!


We had some fun on the Nintendo Wii as well. Suyin is having great fun!


Went over to Sammie's place after the birthday celebration, to join them in preparing her stuff for the push cart sales at Change Alley. Karan is there to help as well. They're partners in this push cart sales.


The guys from SMAC decided to celebrate my birthday at HandleBar. And we had lots to eat, cos all of us were so hungry!


Also to pass Andy and May's their wedding photos and a montage I did for them. May is so excited about it and so love the song I put in the montage.


HandleBar finally have a menu. They usually have the dishes written on the board which is out in the sun and rain. And when it rains, it will wash the writtings in chalk away. So they decided to do a menu instead.


And I like what's written at the back of the menu.


"HandleBar recklessly established since 1999, Pieces and bits, HandleBar is the spawn of 2 numskull bikers who met on a bike ride in Malaysia and dreamt of owning a biker bar. A passion, based upon the authentic roots of motorbikes. Couple of months later, shit happened. They actually got serious and kick started the first biker bar in Singapore on Dec 3, 1999.

Ever since, they have not looked back and based on. HandleBar is shaped shaped by a cross section from bikers to rocket scientists around the world, along with some kids and dogs too. They have contributed in some ways towards piecing together a cohesive as well as wide spectrum of HandleBar. We've survived the tough including the good times and will continue to do so, at large...

While keeping pursuit of happiness plus pleasure provided it maintains and strengthens it's identity. We're looking forward to the future, wherever the road we are on may take us. Too much of our culture had been commercialized, sanitized and watered down. We draw in the raw, gritty without pretense free spirits from day one forgetting about happy hours, VIP cards, fancy promotions of all kinds and forth.

Occasionally we read time backwards, play suck music... are deterrent examples we remained infamous for. Some segments of society look at us like sepcimen under a microscope and determine that we can eb hazardous to your mind or health. In spite of thism HandleBar is not totally useless, at least we can be used as a bad example! However, we still hope that you enjoy the genuine one off, beyond HandleBar while you are here. If all else fails, lower your standards or shoot us!

Anything you wish to know, parties, the milky way etc, ask Jan and her gang. They know everything, Chris is a moron. We thank you all for the understanding, patience and support. If you see us deviating from aforestated, you let us know. Keep your seat soft, ride high and live free. Beep Beep!"

As Tereza was in town, we had a small celebration cum dinner at My Mum's Cuisine in Paragon, together with a few of our friends. The Hainanese coffee they serve is good! Very fragant but I feel the taste is not thick enough.


This is the 3rd cake I had over the weekends! 1 at home, 1 at YY's place, and now this.


Had a hearty breakfast before picking baobei up from her house and sending her to a convention.


Went home to take a nap after fetching her to the convention. She was suppose to be done in the evening as it should take a whole day, but she decided to leave during lunch time. So we had lunch near her home's macdonalds cos she need to do some work with her laptop. And happen that my network at home wasn't working. So had to do it at Macs.

Took this pic without her knowing. Hehehe... Looks a bit unhappy cos she just knew that she had to go to China, Suzhou for 2 weeks for some product training.


These are the picture she took from her hotel room. Quite a boring place to her...




Couldn't sleep in the middle of the night, as usual, and decided to head down to Old Hong Kong which opens 24hours. This place been open for some time already but don't know it's operating 24hours until I read about it in the papers. Been to the few Hong Kong Cafes in Singapore and just couldn't find one that can match the ones I tried in Hong Kong and Shanghai itself. So yet to try this Old Hong Kong, and had my fill around 0430hrs at the Katong branch, and it's near my place.

Gotta say among the few Hong Kong Cafes in Singapore, Old Hong Kong is the best! A pity their Po Lo Bun was sold out.... The milk tea I had is good! The trolley noodle, with chicken wings, fried pork intestine, small intestine, har kow, chicken feet, is all GOOD! Worth the visit! 24hours!








Was going through someone's photo album and came upon this restaurant in Japan. Coincidentally, it has my name, but it doesn't belong to me. Haha..


And a friend emailed me these pictures. Made for men only. Well hung, well seated. Haha..


What came to your mind when you first saw these???




Ain't it nice trying to save it's fellow mouse out of the trap? Hahahahahaha....

Came upon this site, http://www.bighugelabs.com/flickr/ and they have few functions to use. And I came up with these.




I had my photos uploaded to Flickr as well. http://www.flickr.com/photos/deathmode/

No comments: