Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Liquor + Medication = Hangover

Received a call from S at noon, and she sound bad.. All I can hear from her is,

S:"Can you send me to the hospital."
Me:"What happened to you?"
S:"I drank alot, and I ate some pills"
S:"Now I'm feeling very bad"
Me:"You wait for me, I'll come over now"

She sound like she's gonna die.. Her voice is so restless and soft.. Immediately I drove over to her place, and it happen that my car is out of petrol. No choice, had to refill at the nearest petrol station. Reached her place in abotu 25mins time. She came out staggering and she look bad! She was in her night gown and seeing her so messy, with just a cardigan over her, and her mobile phone, I doubt she can make it back to her house and be properly dressed.

Send her to CGH and she was mumbling during the journey to the hospital. I also saw there were cuts on her left wrist, yet she dunno why or when she did it.... She can't walk straight, so just clunged onto me and I had to lift her up straight. Brought her to A&E and we waited like 15mins before the doctore attend to her. She didn't bring any documents with her, but the hospital already has her records. So to say, it's not her first time....

Well, she knows she drank a bottle of hard liquor, took some pills cos she had chest pain when she got home. And she ate some muscle relaxant, but she dunno how many pills she took. Anyway, she ended up feeling bad and pain in her stomach. Doctor had to give her a jab for the cuts on her wrist since she dunno what she use to cut her wrist.


She also need to be on the IV drip. Good thing she can still feel the pain when the needle went into her hand for the IV drip. Once she had the jab and on the drip, got her to the observation room, lay her on the bed and she was sound asleep the next second.


Seeing her sleeping like a baby, I doozed off myself... After she done with the first pack of drip, her blood pressure is still low, so she have to be on another pack of drip. I went to get her next appointment arranged, get her medications and stuff done. Once I was done, she managed to walk out on her on and this time she look much much better. She's suddenly so hyper, and complaining that she's very very hungry. And she realised then she's still in her night gown. I told her it's not appropriate to go to the hawker centre in her night gown. But she doesn't care!

Anyway, we got M to join us, and told M to bring a pair of shorts for her. We went to Bedok central for our dinner. Gosh! They can really eat! They ordered 6 dishes and there's only 3 of us! And they actually managed to finish it!



No comments: