Monday, March 19, 2007

Joyride to Muar, not.

Well, it can't be said to be a joyride. More like a "vent-my-mood" ride for Sam. She called me when I was about to cook my breakfast at 0530hrs. I came back to my room after taking out my fish fingers and burger patty to let it defrost. If I hadn't went up to my room, I would have missed her call.

She's in one of her depression mood swing again and asked me to let her drive in Malaysia. She needs to go for a ride and speed off her mood. Knowing her situation and won't wanna reject her due to her depression, I picked her up at her place and we head off to Malaysia through the 2nd link. As her driving license is suspended in Singapore dure to drink driving, she can only drive in Malaysia. In fact not really, but we all know the traffic laws in Malaysia is not that strict.

Anyway, she took over the wheels once we crossed the border and she floored the accelerator till it reached 210km/h. It's one of her way to vent her frustrations and get over this mood swing cum depression of hers. I hadn't sleep for the night and I'm trying to keep awake to watch her drive. And during the trip, she poured out her issues and complaints, as usual.

I took over the wheels after we had our stop at Pagoh. Since she has already had her speed thrill. And the time ain't good for her to speed, just in case she got stopped by the traffic police and she got only her passport. Though we could have bribe the officer, but I don't see a point to pay them. Since we're out to have a cruise and to listen to her talk.

We head up to Muar, took the B road back and drove past towns like Muar, Batu Pahat, Ayer Hitam, whatever it is along the way. Till we reached Yong Peng and used the NSHW instead. It's already noon and feeling hungry, we went to have Ba Kut Teh in JB. When we reached JB, my milage was 240km and that's only 1/3 of the tank used, showed on the meters. I was crusising at 110km/h on the highway and on the B-roads, travelling between 80-100km/h with some overtaking. Amazing record!

My car already travelled for 70,000km, since 01/07/05.


Sam sleeping, finally. While I kept myself awake while driving.


The Ba Kut Teh which when we had for the first time, it was quite good. But not this time. The one we had in KL is much better to compare.


After which, had the car washed, refill the petrol, sent her to her beautician to have her nails done for the wedding dinner she need to attend in the evening. Sent her home while I went back to mine and knocked myself out. Slept through the late evening, woke up had dinner at 2000hrs and back to sleep again. On which I was woken up at 0100hrs by what I don't know. I just woke up. Again, I was up through out the night till the morning.

Sunday morning, I had my breakfast, back to bed at 0800hrs, got woken up by my msn messages at 1100hrs. Coincidentally which I had set the alarm to watch the new season of F1. Spent the whole day at home, recuperating from the long drive.

My friend gave me this link to a MV on youtube. Very funny and to think I just came back from Muar!

No comments: