Friday, March 09, 2007

TCC Track Day 3rd March 2007

Yupe, CNY's over and once again getting prepared for track day on 3rd of March. This day, we had close to 110 registered members coming for track! We left Singapore early, with Valentine in JB picking up his tires, while Thomas and I drove together to meet Valentine in Pagoh. Martin and Marvin are on the way so we waited for them before heading for KL together.

Martin needs to install GAB coilovers while Valentine need to swap his tires to semi slicks and Thomas need to do alignment for his RS. We had lunch with William, while waiting for Thomas's car to be done. Our journey started at 0600hrs. So we got plenty of time to travel, no need to rush.

Thomas and I did raced with some bikers on the way up and I hit my new top speed!


After getting everything done. It's already 1430hrs. Track day starts 1600hrs. Registration, 1500hrs. We arrived early, got ourselves registered, and ready to rock Sepang!

With my new spring rates, my car handled the corner much better than the previous track day. A pity is my semi slicks aren't holding well on the track. It's has been to 2 track days and this is the third. Thus the tires are sort of giving way. I managed to clocked my best timing during my 2nd lap with minimal cars on track cos I was out with the orientation lap cars and decided not to pit in with the rest.

Though I've matched my previous track day timing, I know my car handled well and I'm pushing it more even though my tires are not gripping well enough. Yes, I did skidded on turn 13, going in at 140km/h. After I got out of the gravel. I rested my car for a while, got the stones out of the tires and rims, and tried turn 13 again. This time, the car skidded but I managed to pull it back straight. This shows that, with better tires, turn 13 can be entered with 140km/h!

Anyway, I have videos from track, the one that I skidded, and one hot lap, fast cars zooming pass, and pics.

William's tuned and souped up MRS.


Briefing before start of track day.


Unc Foo setting his stop watch.


Thomas concentrating.


Skidded lap


This is what happened to my front left tires after the skid.



One hot lap


Fast cars!


Well, track day ended with Valentine's car having a problem on his front left wheel hub. When we drove to the workshop, then found out the wheel hub cracked! We stayed over at Klang, Hotel Histana since Valentine already booked a room. So Thomas and I accompanied him. Moreover it's very late already and we don't wanna rush back to Singapore and tire ourselves. Good thing the hotel has a spa and we went for massage.

The next day, the workshop couldn't find a spare for the broken wheel hub. So we had lunch before going back to Singapore and see get the part in Singapore.

This is where Valentine comes to change his exhaust and tires before going to track.


Our fabulous lunch!


We bumped into Martin at the Pagoh rest point. His car is down cos the tubro screw has broken off. Marvin is out to get him a replacement while he waited for him. We left after accompany him for a while and we took a slow drive back. Reached JB at 1600hrs. And finally home at 1800hrs, in time for the Lou Hei with my family.

It was one exciting weekend. A spectacular skid into the gravel. A better set up on my car. I'm confident that my next track day will have a better timing with new semi slicks!

No comments: