Monday, March 19, 2007

Post TCC Track Day

It's always the case to re-do the alignments of the tires, check engine oil, fan belts and other moving parts, if they're still in good condition. Had the exhaust changed back to stock and suddenly the engine check light came on.

I thought it was something else and popped the bonnet to check what could be wrong or any parts that came loose. Well, the ride still move as normal. But I saw the fan belt has become "hairy". It seems that it's gonna snap any time. Had Richard to do a diagnostic analyse and the O2 sensor is not activated. So I reckon the sensor wasn't installled back properly when they put back the stock exhuast.

Went back to GTR to had the fan belt changed. Also to change the timing belt, water pump and oil pump belt. Since my car has already travelled closed to 70,000km, and been to quite a few track days. It's time to change these belts, though it's recommended to change at 100,000km.

Left the car at GTR for the day while I went to Thomas's office, which is just a block away of GTR. Took a nap and Valentine came over to pass Thomas a list of stuff to be done on his car while he's off to Sdyney with his family during the one week school holiday.

Went back to GTR to check on my car. Took a pic of the "about to snapped fan belt". Am awe by the outcome of the belt! This is how badly used it is!




Brand new fan belt.


New timing belt.


Used fan belt, timing belt, oil pump belt, water pump. Cost, $640!


Went home for dinner and had a good rest. Still gotta get my tires changed after going to the Brazil embassy with LS.

Woke up damn early to make a trip to the Brazil embassy for LS to hand in his old passport which is expiring soon. Had lunch and head down to GoodYear to have my semi slicks tires taken out and changed to the set of AO048D tires I got from stock EVO car. Took Terry about 2 hours to get everything done including the alignment.

Very used semi slicks. Lasted for 3 track days! Amazing lasting, but performance wise still not up to expectation on hot laps.


Brand new.


Once done, sent LS back to his hostel. Went home for dinner. Had a good nap, which I regretted. Cos I was awake through the night till morning... And back to my dreams again after I had breakfast.

No comments: