Sunday, October 07, 2007

Donut Factory

Recently there a hype in Singapore. Donuts. Yes, donuts from donut factory. Where queue last as long as hours! As quite a lover for Krispy Kreme, which we don't get in Singapore, I just had to try how good is this from donut factory that is causing a frenzy on my fellowmen.

I went to the outlet in Suntec City, No such queue of what were mentioned. I got my donuts in 5 mins. 1 min to take my order. They sell them in 1, 6, 12, packing if I've remembered correctly. Anyway I bought 2 dozen pack, with all 16 flavours and some additional. So it was easy for me to order. "I want all 16 flavours, and you choose the additional which are favourites."

Another 2 mins were spent on packing (and the girl left out one flavour which I only notice when I got home). Another 2 mins for ringing the transaction. Apparently the cashier has to key in each flavour individually although my purchase were 2 dozen and the price for 2 dozen is standard. Don't understand why need to key it in individually. Well maybe for records purposes, but if you ask me, it's a waste of time. No wonder the queue can take hours. Inventory records on which flavours are hot sellers can be recorded in other ways. Not at the end where your register is.

Anyway, got home happy and glad like a kid ready to try out how good these donuts are. Am pissed by the missing flavour, Peanut Butter Glazed. No, I didn't eat all in one go...


The 16 flavours are below and I personally like the Glazed and Hazelnut milk chocolate. The rest is not bad but won't be on my favourite list.



Well, finally managed to try out these donuts, without spending hours to queue for them. Then again, bring me Krispy Kreme anytime! ;)

No comments: