Saturday, November 11, 2006

Day 10 in Shanghai!

Visited one of the village on the outskirt of Shanghai, where they still keep the looks of the older buildings built hundreds of years ago. Together with her parents and aunt, we spent the late afternoon and evening in Qing Pu. It's a tourist attraction with many shops selling accessories and food stalls.

All of us in a small boat. It was shaky!


Pig trotters and pork wrapped in leaves and boiled over and over in thick sauce.


Pickles of all sizes and tastes.


Barber.


A young lady using her skills in embroidery. Those pictures you see on the wall are embroideried!


We had dinner in the village restaurant which serves local delights. This is not a frog, it's a toad..... There are other dishes which I'd never eaten in Singapore. These are the wild life of Shanghai and they seem to love it a lot. I'm not used to it for sure.


Hairy crab. Not as nice as the ones I had the other day.


Red lanterns. A view out from the restaurant.


After dinner, some of their parents friends brought us to KTV. It may seemed to be a village but are the further end of the village, there are so many neon lighted buildings you thought you are in Las Vegas. They are in fact KTVs. We finally found the one which their friends desinated.

When I walked in, I was greeted by 2 rows of waiteresses. What a way to welcome their guests.


The interior design of the place is so grand and luxurious! Big rooms, big TVs, and it's very cheap!


Of cos these KTVs got girls to accompany you through the night. With the parents and aunt around, it's not appropriate though they got me a girl to sit next to me. The whole night I was so teased by Tereza and her parents. I will never forget a night in KTV with elders in the room and with a KTV girl next to me. Hahahaha... Tereza had all the fun teasing me for the night. We had supper together and she even teased me to bring her back, or I can stay the night here, she can come pick me up tomorrow. Now that's so thoughful of her.

Anyway, we headed home and finally hit the sack at 0200hrs.

No comments: