Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy Lunar Dog Year! Eve of CNY

Happy Lunar New Year to all!!

The day before Lunar New Year, went for a car wash and stayed home and took a nap till evening. And she's back from Darwin for CNY, and is suppose to come over my place for reunion dinner. So went to her place to pick her, which is literally east to west. Upon reaching, she's still sleeping, and complained she's tired, cos she went for a show the night before and reach home in the wee morning. So I gave her a choice, let her choose if she still wanna come along. Since she choose not to go, cos of her "I'm very tired" excuses, neither do I like to force one to change his/her mind, I went back home. And yes, I'm quite pissed of her change in mind. When she has the cheek to tell our common friend that she's going to my place for reunion dinner and followed by Chinatown stroll. End up, after I drove from east to west (and I better not be caught speeding, again), she tell me she's tired. FINE!

Anyway, went back home and had my reunion dinner, decided to stay home till midnight and do some praying for the new year. When the clock strikes 12, Cinderalla has to go. But for our chinese tradition, when the clock strikes 12, the minute it hits the new lunar year, we give prays and burn joss paper, to seek for a better new year ahead. And so, I did the praying and burning of joss paper while my mum pack the living room and placed CNY goodies on the table. Helped her hang the red cloth which I reckon in our chinese tradtion, it's for good luck.

CNY goodies


Mum checking out the red cloth


Flowers and Tangerines she got for the front door


After all the stuff are done, Devils called up and we met up for coffee. It's just for a short while and home by 0300hrs. Still gotta go to work in 2 hours time. Was suppose to go Chinatown for a stroll with her and our common friend. But after what she did this evening, which kindof pissed me, i didn't bother to call her. And she called our common friend and told her what happened, and she reckon I'm angry. Who won't! This period of time time while she's back, she better not complain I got no time for her. It's more like I spare time for her, yet she complain she's tired! And backing out last minute on decisions! When she goes back to Darwin, she has no right to nag at me and say I didn't spend time with her! She just didn't appreciate the effort I'd given! Sheesh!

Nonetheless, this is how I spend my CNY eve. Time for me to go home and enjoy the rest of the 1st day of CNY!

HUATTTTTTTTTTT AHHHHHH! Hehehehe... :P

By the way, this is the 1st sunrise of lunar new year! Bet it was beautiful when it rise from the horizon! A pity I only manage to take a shot at this time when the sun is up in the clouds. Still, it looks gorgeous to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Jonathan! I hope your prayers are answered for a wonderful year ahead!

I don't blame you for being pissed at your girl but she is probably run ragged travelling all over. Sometimes people get so excited about something they make themselves sick and then wind up not having the fun they really wanted to.

-SP