Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Track day 21/01/2006

Yupe, there's another track day on the 21st! You bet I'm going for this track day! Which is why I haven't be updating my blog lately. Been busy processing the photots taken during the last track day and getting some stuff done on my car before I head to Sepang for this coming track day.

Maybe just a brief summary of what happened for the past few days.

12th Jan
Went to Devil JH's chalet at Arnanda, which he got from balloting in his company. Only a few of us went there, did come bbq and had a few sessions of mahjong. Played till 0200hrs and head back home. Gotta work the next day.

13th Jan
So sleepy at work, went to get a haircut and highlight, facial and eyebrow trimming. Don't feel like doing much so went to the supermarket to get some beverages since the fridge is empty.

Chinese New Year is coming and all sorts of stuff related with CNY will appear. Like this ingot basket full of oranges.


Cans and cans of different beverages


Went to IP and dismantle my air box out for Devil L to fabricate. Went to his house and slack for a while before meeting Chief at Handle Bar for dinner with Sis S and her friend M. Had the popular and delicious Fish & Chips!

Saw this rubber in a corner of the bar


14th Jan
Woke up 20 mins late for tutorial, which was a bore and it ended at 1800hrs. Went to have steamboat dinner with my course mates. Then to the chalet again. Played mahjong till 0600hrs. On the way home, receive an sms from Sis S that she got into a freak accident. Talked to her for like 30mins till she finally calm down cos she's tipsy and high from the partying she's been out for the whole night. Since she's ok to handle it her own, went home to sleep. Flat out....

While waiting for one of my course mate to change and pass me my notes, walked around Tekka market and took a photo of these 2 prata seller making dough for the prata.


Came by this Doraemon kiddy ride! Tried to sit in it, but... Hahahaha... :P


SGD12 for this ala carte buffet steamboat at Beach road, and the choices are limited and not tasty at all. I won't go back there again for sure. I rather pay a bit more to have steamboat at Marina South.




15th Jan
Slept from 0700hrs to 1700hrs. Been some time I had so much sleep in a day. Supper at night was really expensive! After supper on the way home, got caught speeding! 60km/h road and I was driving at 102km/h. 2 Traffic Police stopped me and I knew I am in deep shit! Thank god they didn't spot my raised bonnet, my pipes, and only check my exhaust which came with a cert. Would have to appear in court cos I'm driving more than 42km/h of the speed limit. But the TP recorded wrongly and wrote only 100km/h, which makes it in the 40km/h range. Between 31km/h - 40km/h of speeding, I got fine for SGD170 and 8 demerit points. Blessing in disguse! That bloody road they were hiding is so dark and he clocked me with their lights off and after 3 traffic lights then they drove up next to my car and on their lights... Low morale... Expensive supper...

This is the supper I paid SGD170 and 8 demerit points for... Hahaha...


16th Jan
Spent the whole day at IP to install the BLITZ oil cooler.


And my mechanic accidentally broke the oil filter holder.


Finally got it all done at 2100hrs. Fetch Devil L to Pandan Loop to collect his car. We left his car with the workshop to do brackets for his brakes and the fella got it done within 4 hours, and the workmanship is damn good! Only thing is that Devil L will need to change the brake hoses to steel braided ones and change the brake fuild. Otherwise the brake pedal is soft and it's quite dangerous if the brake fuild and brake system is not bleeded properly.

After getting his car, went to meet up the others at MB. Bro B from KL came down to Singapore and met him for coffee. Finally back to bed at 0230hrs, msn with Sis S and her friend M till 0330hrs and went to dreamland. Gotta wake up in 1 1/2 hours later for work.

17th Jan
Some weird sound coming out from my car, went to IP and got it checked. Found out the tensioner spring gave way. Need to change a new one. Must have been affected when they took out the belt to install the oil cooler. Will have to wait till tomorrow then can get a new part to replace. Surprisinly no programmes for the night so went home after circling around eunos looking for the audio shop to install LED lights. It was rather late in the evening so decided to come back some other day to install.

Went straight home and found there's still dinner at 2000hrs. Had my homecooked dinner, and it's been some time I ate dinner at home. Homecooked food is definitely much tastier. Even the soup is nicer!


Checked my emails and stuff before I went to bed at 2100hrs. It's also beem some time I'm home early and slept so early. Woke up at 0000hrs, and continued to sleep till 0400hrs and get ready for work, though it's kindof early. But I had alot of sleep already.

It's really been some time I had dinner at home and slept early, got up fresh for work. Geesh....

18th Jan
Need to head down to Leng Kee after work and replace the tensioner spring which is defected. It's gonna be another long day again, since I got class in the evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your food pictures make me want to fly to Singapore! Wow! I love it when you do that.

And the speeding ticket...well, bet that was only a matter of time. ;)

Anonymous said...

Come over to Singapore for a holiday then! I'll be your food guide for your whole trip! Hehe.. :P

Yah.. I expect to be stopped by the traffic poilice anytime.. Haha.. :P