Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Of Treats, Tracking and Trekking! Episode 1

Yet another trip to KL, and this time, we had a different itinerary, but as much fun! Let's start from the beginning!

Picked up M since she stays near me, followed by Devil T at his office, had dinner and met up with the rest at Raffles Marina, using the 2nd link to enter Msia. Chief, his young friend LS, and Sis S were late cos Sis S was held up at work. We moved off 1 hour later than planned and they've yet to have dinner, so we met up with Devil D at Kulai for dinner before heading all the way to KL. From the feast chief ordered, can tell that he's really really hungry! The young friend he brought along indeed was young, only 16 yrs old! He's from China Shanghai, but born in Brail. So he's actually holding a Brazilian IC. And now he's studying in Spore.

Having sat in chief's car before, Sis S thought mine won't be as bumpy, too bad I had to disappoint her! Though not as bad as chief's car, still it's bad enough to make her groan and whine while driving through the humps and bumps on the highway. She lugged along her lappy, and stuff, toasted a piece of CD which we blasted all the way to Summit Hotel! Till now, I'm still listening to the CD, Chicane being my favourite among Basement Jaxx, Chemical Brothers, Teisto, etc. These 2 ladies sure is hyper! I thought M alone would be enough to keep me awake since we're able to strike a conversation. And now with Sis S, hell broke loose! We were so so "high" on Chicane, Marlboro, humps and bumps! Was low on petrol and reckon cos of the load I'm carrying, my petrol will burn faster. Talkie them to enter the next petrol kiosk, but it seems like chief didn't get the message and zoom pass the petrol kiosk. And Devil D followed upon seeing what chief did. While Sis S, M and Me looked at each other and my petrol indicator which was blinking since 10km back. I know my spare tank can travel for another 50km. But with the load I'm carrying, I predict 40km. And now 10km into the drive, I dunno if I should take the risk, being on the NSHW, it wouldn't be a good thing to be stranded along the road, especially at night! So I made a dangerous move! Reverse all the way back to the petrol kisok! Sis S helped to look out for traffic and I reverse like about 500m back into the petrol kisok. Took this opportunity for a toilet and smoke break. Call them and have them to wait for us at the next petrol kisok. And who knows, the next petrol kisok that they stopped at is only 20km away! Would have make it with the only 10km we travel when the indicator starts to light up.

Anyway, we took a 15mins break, filled up my car again, just in case! Since this would be all the way up till we reach KL. As usual, we blasted Chicane, drove at high speed, cracked jokes and enjoyed ourselves in the car. I ended up with a new nickname, Zai Zai. These 2 gals were asking about my age and guessed I am 25, being that I look like a kid with my chubby face and I'm always in my bermudas, backpack, like someone still in school, also I'm always kidding around. Thus they gave me this new nickname, Zai Zai, which means kiddo in cantonese. Other than Zai Zai, I'm being nicknamed as Kopi-hun (Coffe powder), cos I like to drink kopi and like it thick, so to keep me awake. And someone just say that I will need kopi-hun to keep me awake instead, without any mixture of water, powder itself, kopi on the rock! Then I'm called the spare parts man, cos of my previous few accidents, I kept a few items which still can be used. And when one of our bro got into an accident in the track, the stuff I got happens to be what he needed. Thus nicknamed the Spare parts man. And not forgetting Doraemon. Cos I like Doraemon and had plenty of doraemon stuff in my car, and naturally, they called me Doraemon too.

Anyway, upon soon to reach our hotel, we encounter this Honda Civic, or rather I encounter, this civic driving up real fast and close to me! It instigated me to let him pass, and upon passing me and Devil D who is in front of me, I gave chase! Which Devil D follwed suit! We were weaving in and out between cars and going at180km-200km, pushing this civic. To be honest, we've no match for this civic but on slow and rather heavy traffic, it's the guts and skills that count! We managed to stick behind him and the 2 of us were driving like crazy which I reckon the sight of 2 SUVs travelling at such speed and weaving in and out of traffic is a truly scary.

And because of this, we drove pass our exit cos Devil D realised it was too late to stop me. Took a detour and while chief was like quite a distance behind us, he called and say he's already in the lobby waiting and where were we! Hahahaha...

Check into the hotel, freshen up and it's time to party!!!!!

To be continued.....

No comments: