Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Track Day 06/01/06

Finally the day has arrived. Woke up late for the convoy which we're suppose to leave 0600hrs sharp from Raffles Marina. woke up at 0515hrs and rushed to wash up. Met Bro E at the Mobil petrol kiosk near my place and zoom all the way travelling at 140km/h to make it in time. It was a huge turn up with 16 cars in total for the convoy. 4 of them have already left for KL the night before. Other 2 came in from Woodlands check point and 6 more from KL. Bro D came in the evening just before we're about done with the track. So all in all, 29 ATRs turned up at the track!

Our 1st stop is the Petronas petrol kiosk, to fill up our tanks before the drive up to Pagoh R&R. And it's another petrol pump at Pagoh before heading all the way up to Sepang. Once reach Sepang, it's another top up before we head onto track.

What's next are plenty of photos to tell the story!

Convoy up to Pagoh.


Bro N in his NA, and his NA is not slow! Hehehehe.. :P


My "bandaged" bonnet. The crack that I got Y2K to patch wasn't done up properly and cos I lift up my bonnet with spacer by about 1cm, more air is going under the bonnet and it was flapping through out the journey. No one has any tape so has to use double sided tape with Bro E has. And they stick a cross on it, making it look like an ambulance. Anyway, the double sided tape didn't last long and it started to flew off due to the high speed we're travelling. We're constantly on 160km/h-210km/h.


Bro C's new bonnet which is the same as Bro P's. Bro P is the one that came up with the design and Bro C done the same.


Bro L's Gallia bodykit. One of it's own!


And his Prodrive rims! I like these rims and sort of half heart with the ones I got. Bleah... :P


A closer and clearer look on Devil T's NA bonnet which is cut up.


18 cars stopped at the traffic lights and I made use of the opportunity since I'm in the front, and took some pics!


These are some shots we took with some formation. And some of these pics will be up on Feb's Carma magazine. So those who saw it now till the magazine is out, you're the first few.








Out group photo.


Devil T putting in octance booster to the petrol to enhance the performance of the engine.


Pratically where we stop, we're sure to take up most of the space! Hahahahaha.. :P This is the Petronas petrol kisok before going into Sepang.






Convoy into Sepang. And we made an entry with 18 cars! Those Forrestors were amazed by our entry! What a scene!


In the pit, they were helping me to take out the back seat which can decrease the weight by 30kg. It's time for me to slim down if I wanna have good lap time! Hehehehe... :P


Opening everything to cool down the car. :P


Bro A helping me to fix the manual boost controller, to increase the boost to 1.4 bar and it helps to let the car havea faster pick up. And it helps alot! Power!!


We occupied 3 pits and there wasn't enough parking for all of us. Some have ot park behind.


Devil A with his newCF bonnet. Actually it belongs to me cos I got a new bonnet to replace the one that was bent. But I got it fixed and use it back, so I sold this to him.


Bro J's Okuyama bodykit.


I.C.E we confirm win!
Bro C's


Bro T's


Bo L's


Devil A and me going for the orientation lap.


Devil A's 5 inch exhaust tip! And it's damn bloody loud!


Followed by Devil J and Devil L.


This is one of the shot taken by Bro A and I like it alot. It gave the impression that the car is fast. And indeed it was fast! I managed to do 180km/h before reaching the 1st corner.


Bro V's car is down after 2 laps on track. Reckon it over heated and something wrong with his piston. What a pity it has to happen today. If not for his track experience, he would have clocked good timing.


1 car down and Devil T's car also got some overheating problem. He managed to go for the CCT and an accident happened between Bro G and another STI. Most ridiculous thing is the driver of STI wants Bro G to compensate. Duhz... On track, even if you knock down a human being, there's no way to claim at all. When he splurt out the compensation, a few of us were sniggering. Doesn't he know the rules of tracking? What an idiot! No insurance company will let you claim and it's ur responsibility and risk you took to track. Anyway, here are afew photos of the CCT. Devil T came in 5th and Chief came in 7th. We did well cos the first 4 cars were STIs, Euro R and 2.5L Forsty. Non of it were the 2L Frosty.







































This is the transponder we use to keep track of our lap timing.


Here's the results to the CCT and the lap timings. Some car don't have the transponder. Though on the list, I'm 12th, I was in fact somewhere around 17th - 19th. I'm rather happy with my results consider this is my 2nd time on track, cos I'm able to do better than Bro V. I'm 1s faster than him, and on track, every second counts. ;)


On track, my best time is 3:10.476. And for CCT, I'm doing 3:08.342. ;)


End of the day, Devil T's car is down also. End up Bro V's and Devil T's car need to be towed to a workshop in JB. We ended the day at around 1700hrs cos we need to check in to the hotel by 1800hrs. Most of them had already left for home in groups, only left those who intend to spend the weekend in KL. And so, a group of 12, in 8 cars left for Concorde in KL.

No comments: