Friday, October 20, 2006

Spring cleaning

Gosh. It took me 3 days to tidy up my room! But of cos not full 3 days. Took me total of 14hours to pack. Had to sleep in the other room cos of the dust and mess! I'm so proud of myself! It's been more than 2 years since I've really tidied my room and it's in such a mess, I finally took the initiative to pack it before I leave for Shanghai.

Besides throwing away bags and bags of stuff, cleared few stacks of magazines and text books as well. And I realized I've stuff which I bought, left them aside and didn't even use them. I also found 2 photo frames which I bought 4 years back, and collecting dust! The price tag and receipt is still in the box!

Talk about dust, my room really coated with a thick layer of dust on the shelves and cabinets. I nearly suffocated of dust, and to thick the weather is already hazy outside, inside my room is dusty!

Well, here are some terrifying pics of my messy room. To those neat freaks, don't faint.


Yes, this is how messy it was for the many months.....


I've to move my bed to the other room. Some stuff on the floor are taken down from the TV rack to clean up the dust.


All my bags which I just chuck one side. And to think I have 15 bags in total. Helmets, boxes, etc etc. All the miscellaneous stuff which I just throw there. This is also where I found most of my stuff which I bought and left it there for months and years, didn't use them at all!


These are movie posters with a friend of mine working in the movie industry gave to me. I had store them nicely but it was lying there for years cos couldn't find enough space to put them up. See how thick the dust is! I was shock too! And the door leads to the blacony, which I didn't use, being that all the stuff blocking the door and making it impossible to access. :P

NOW! I PRESENT YOU MY NEWLY TIDIED ROOM!

I fully utilised all the shelves to keep my stuff neatly. Well, may not be neat enough, but it's organised.
From left to right, top to bottom.
1. My Stikfas figurines
2. More of my stikfas figurines. Stopped my collection cos it's too expensive and too many to collect. These are the initial few when it was launched.
3. Spieglau red wine glasses and champagne glasses
4. My notes and textes for my degree course
5. Cross stitch which I got for my 2006 birthday, sunglasses, and perfumes.
6. Spieglau white wine glasses and my collection of whiskies, vodka and red wine.
7. Some photo albums, more textes and notes.
8. Plenty of small containers to keep those small miscellaneous stuff I have.
9. My collection of watch catalogues, my watch cases and accessories.
10. Table, with only a photo printer, bought but didn't use. May sell it away. My iBook, but I don't usually use it on the table. Only on the floor, while I lie on my bed watching TV as well. Those smaller drawers are for me to keep more miscellaneous stuff. Hehehe.. :P

On the left, is my camera cabinet, to keep my camera gadets and accessories. It's a huminity box to prevent fungus growing in the lenses and camera. On the right is my wardrobe. I got another wardrobe at the stairway.


On the left is my book shelf. Or rather, my magazine shelf. To think I've thrown almost 5 big stacks of magazines, I still have all these left. At the bottom are my DVDs. I shifted the movie posters behind the shelf. Doubt I will be putting them up. Most likely sell them away. All these movie posters can fetch quite a price. It's not those normal posters. These posters are printed on both front and back. Only cinemas get them.

On the right is my TV rack, also my CD rack, also my everything rack!
From top to bottom.
1. My Evirob figurines, the hulk and street fighter figurines.
2. My collection of CDs. Almost up to 150 CDs.
3. My collection of my favorite DVDs.
4. My TV, with Ultraman figurines on it, and some CDRs.
5. My SCV console and home theatre system.
6. 2 more drawers for me to keep more miscellaneous stuff.

The lamp on the right, I bought from Ikea 3 years back, used it for 1 month, kept it in the cupboard then. Either I will sell it away, if not, just leave it there. :P


This is where my bed is and the door lead to my bath room.


This is after I clear all the bags and miscellaneous stuff.


The wall is plain so I decided to use the photo frames, after 4 years later when I first bought them. :P


Dug out these photos of myself since young till now. I know I know... I'm lovable since young! :P


Photos of my siblings since young, and when we've grown up.


These are my collection of bags which I put on top of my wardrobe at the stairway. More bags in the bags. Bags in bags. :P

Well, after 3 days and spending a total of 14 hours to tidy my room, I am truly proud and satisfied of my achievement! Not only will it stop my mum from the constant nagging, I can also sleep better with a neater room. Also in case any friends were to come over, I won't be so embarrased of the messy state, plus I will be more keen to invite them to stay over. Hehehe. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an awful lot of alcohol on that shelf, my friend! :) I bet it was fun seeing things you owned that you hadn't been able to find for a while. Nice job! PS I love the doors!

Anonymous said...

That's not really alot of alcohol. :P

Not only fun, shocked as well. To think they've been there for months/years.. :P

Those doors? About 20+ yrs old already. Time to change. Sort of rotting already. Haha.. :P