Saturday, June 24, 2006

D2 racing suspension

After selling my N1 exhaust, stock suspension, lowering spring and stock front brakes, I used the money to pay for this D2 racing suspension. Since the stock suspension, lowering spring and stock front brakes are of no use, might as well sell it. keeping them would be taking up space at home. Moreover got my stock exhaust operated and the N1 was sold at high price.

Spend the late afternoon in the workshop to get the suspension installed. And thought would have enough time to meet my baobei to give her my opinion on the jacket she bought and now thought of changing it to other colour. But it took longer than expected so didn't had the time to meet her. With the help of techonology, she took some pic of the jacket she tried on and asked me for opinions. Both black and white looks good and got her to buy the white one as well so she can match with other attires.

Intially, when I did my wheel alignments few days back, they forgot to return me the lock nut opener and we had to spend some time to go all the way back to the workshop to pick it up, thus delaying the process to install the suspensions. And finally all was done by 1900hrs. Was there sine 1600hrs.

This is how it looks like from the top. Those nuts are for adjusting the camber.




Rear suspensions.




Old front suspensions. Didn't take pic of the D2 front suspension cos was busy discussing with my baobei on which colour of jacket to go for.


Had to dismantle the boot area to install the rear suspensions.


Now I have the D2 on for 2 days already and loved my ride more! Went for a joy ride even the alignment is not done yet! It's a bit hard, but rather similar to the stock shocks and Tein springs which I had on previously. So not much of a difference to me. Only that when come to cornering, the car doesn't wobble as much, and when I do E-braking, it stops without jerking too much in the front! These D2 racing suspension will help alot on track!

Need to let it sit in for a few more days of driving, adjust the height again abit, do alignment, install ARB, then can conquer 99 bends! So need I say more about this D2? Yes, three words, I LOVE IT!!!!!

No comments: