Friday, June 02, 2006

Made in Shanghai

28.05.06
Tereza and her mum will be coming to Singapore for 5 days 4 nights to visit Long Sheng (Mad Chinaboy), to settle some of his studying issues, also to spend some time in Singapore to enjoy and relax.

27.05.06 was my friend's wedding and I didn't remove the decorations cos I told Tereza I will come and pick them with my car all decorated! Morever her mum is coming, must do it flamboyantly! Bought 2 bouquets of flowers as well, Tulips for Tereza and Lilies for her mum. Just because she likes flowers and since I still have my car decorated, might as well. :P

Tulips


Lilies


This is where I always buy my flowers. The shop owner knows me pretty well already.


Upon their arrival, we hid the flowers behind us, acting mysterious. We flashed the flowers right in front of them when they came up to us, and they were glimming away. Tereza's face went all red, blushing! And she thought I was just kidding with her about the flowers.

Send them to the hotel, while I head back home to take a rest. We then arrange dinner at Crystal Jade @ Ngee Ann City, with the agent that was helping Long Sheng on his stuff here in Singapore. Did some window shopping in Takashimaya and shortly, we went to check out Long Sheng's hostel, which the sister and mother haven't seen before. I helped him shift from his old hostel to this present hostel, thus I know where it was, and it's pretty near my place.

After the visit and dropping LS, we went to have some tea and chatted for a while. Send them back to their hotel and drop the agent to where she's meeting her friend. Reached home around 0200hrs.

29.05.06
Chief happens to be in town, thus he brought them to eat chicken rice for lunch. And since he wasn't free in the evening, I took them out for dinner. Was suppose to have dinner at Newton, but they changed their mind to have steamboat. The one we had the last time Tereza was in town. After dinner, did some window shopping at Suntec City. Send them back to the hotel early, since she wanna go for s sun tan in the morning, so have to sleep early.

30.05.06
?e had lunch at 328 Katong Laksa, but Tereza is not able to eat coconut milk cos she will get gastric pain. So bought her a pack of roast meat and chicken rice from opposite the street, and she actually finished the whole big pack! Must have been hungry cos of the sun tanning. Her mum loves the sambal chilli that was home made and the owner happened to have the last bottle for sale!

Drop by LS's hostel to pick some stuff and then send him to his institute to visit the principal and talk to him about his attendance which is poor and therefore his application for a student pass is not looking good. Anyway, LS is made to write a "remorse" letter to explain about his attendance and why he is still keen on studying in Singapore. Sent him back to his hostel at around 1500hrs to write his letter, while Tereza, her mum and I went to Clarke Quay to enjoy the late afternoon sun and breeze over a cuppa of tea, and I had a Hoegaarden.

Some pics taken at Clarke Quay




Picked LS up at around 1830hrs and head to Hollan Village's Crystal Jade Xiao Long Bao to have dinner with the rest.
Mainly Anthony (chief), Thomas, Sammie and Jason, and so there were 8 of us. The rest are busy with their own appointments thus unable to make it. Chief helped LS to go through his letter and made some changes. Least we see him making an effort to write it out, and his handwriting is much better than before.

As dinner ended, was suppose to go Oriental Hotel's Axis bar for a drink, and cos the view overlooking the Esplanade is pretty nice, and her mum hasn't seen the Singapore night sky line, This is the best place to view! End up, someone suggested KTV and all were game for it. Thus we went to Kbox at Cineleisure.

While waiting for the lift, came by this G-mask kiosk and got my mobile phone "protected" with a layer of carbon fibre design.




We had lots of fun at the Kbox and good think Jason was there cos he can really be a clown and good for entertainment. We left at about 0230hrs and it's too late for her mum to be awake. Moreover we're all tired and abit high on the Liquor we had.

Send them back to the hotel, feeling abit tipsy and slept only at 0530hrs.

31.05.06
Overslept and woke up late for high tea with them at Fullerton. They went ahead to have lunch at Lau Pa Sat and I went to pick LS up at his hostel then meet them at Fullerton at 1500hrs. Left in 2 hours time cos her mum wanna buy bbq pork back to Shanghai as gifts for her friends.

High tea at Fullerton. Served in this tray.


Her mum choosing which bbq pork.


Sausages, anyone?


Some shots I took while waiting for them. Some old buildings at Chinatown.




The weather was very hot and we decided to have some ice deserts. Went over to Parco bugis for ice deserts. Her mum was looking for ice mango desert but the kind that she wants is actually mango and ice blended together. Only thing in Singapore are those where the ice are crushed, then mango put over it with some flavourings. Close but not the excat kind.

Ice deserts.


Tereza was craving for Penang laksa and I wasn't sure where in Singapore has them. So called up Andy, our head chef at Phoneix hotel and I believe he would know where. And knew he did, at Copthorne King's Hotel! They are serving authentic Penang cuisines! Therefore we head over to Copthorne King's Hotel and she finally end her craving for Penang laksa! Penang laksa is cooked without coconut milk, thus she's able to enjoy this dish.

Look how happy she is!


While she and LS had their Penang laksa, only her mum and I saved our stomach for seafood at East Coast later. Once they're done, we head over to East Coast Jumbo Seafood. While her mum and I indulge in our seafood, and they only nibble a bit on the dishes. Her mum loved the chilli crab and finish almost the whole 2 crabs on her own!

Sammie was suppose to organise another night's out and I couldn't get her on the phone. Apparently she left her phone in her friend's bag and she didn't know our number off her head. I finally gave up calling her and just send them back to the hotel to rest and pack, since they're going back to Shanghai the next day.

01.06.06
Home sweet home for Tereza and her mum. It was a quick 5 days 4 nights in Singapore for them. They're taking the early flight and since I was working, sent them off in the airport. Will only see her some time in August again. And chief is already in Shanghai for work, will be meeting them when they get back home.

What an awesome 5 days 4 nights for me as well. Been some time I felt like a tourist. I've realised for the past few days that I may be staying in Singapore, there are places which I've not been to, what are the changes in Singapore. I felt quite ashamed of myself and to actually be a Singaporean, I don't know much about the whereabouts of my country. Anyway, I've enjoyed myself, and it's been some time I took some rest off work and relax.

No comments: