Thursday, June 22, 2006

New brake rotors

The last time I changed my brake pads, it has been giving some screeching sound and I thought need the pads to bed in and slowly season it. But it's been 2 weeks and the sound is still there. Got fed up of it finally and since I got the time to spare, went to the workshop and check the pads. It was actually the rotor that has warpped and I should have changed it together the last time I changed the brake pads. I though it shouldn't be an issue to just change the pads, so I didn't heed Donald's advice. And now, I'm back to change the rotors to get rid of the sound.

When the rotors went taken down, can really feel the rotor has warpped and the brake pads had "cut" deep into it caused it to be uneven. I reakon it happened already when I was on the old brake pads cos I had went to 3 track days and drove quite some time on the old rotors and pads already. So with new pads and uneven rotors, the bitting wasn't flat enough thus the screeching sound. So, changed to the new rotors and it was slotted already, which will give better braking, but brake pads will wear out faster as well.

New rotor.


Here you can see the uneven wear.


And I saw that my mileage was the number of my car plate. Except for the last digit.

No comments: