Friday, October 14, 2005

Bad luck? Carelessness? WHAT THE FUCK!!

I dunno what the hell is wrong.. Or am I just in a bad luck streak..

Last evening, 13th Oct, while on my way out of the house, along upper east coast road, where coffee club and cafe cartel is, I was travelling straight towards katong and these 2 young male pedestrians is trying to jay walk across. Upon seeing their actions, I drove my car out to the right most lane, half of my car along the centre marker of the road so as to avoid this young chap. They actually saw me coming and his friend grab onto his hand and tried to pulled him back. But he managed to shake it off and dash across, with hesitation and second thoughts to dash or not! WHAT THE FUCK!!

At that moment when I saw him trying to make a gamble, my foot was already on the brake but it just couldn't stopped in time when he suddenly make a dash for it and stopped in the middle of the road! I had to serve to the left to avoid him, cos he had dash across and was standing on the centre divider, looking out for traffic on his left!! I couldn't serve to the left in time and hitted him on the right side of his body against my front right bonnet. Caught him in his right leg and he flew onto the bonnet which explains the reason why the dent is on the bonnet but not the bumper. He was flung like 2m away from my car. Surprisingly, the bumper got no dents but the bonnet was rather slightly dented.

That moment actually send chills down my spine. Next moment I can think of is alight from my car, and give assistance to the injured. His friend was shocked cos he was right in front of where the accident happened. Thanks god this young chap is still sitting up and able to talk. I was apologetic and wonder why he make a dash when he saw my car. He actually said that he's ok, and it is his fault for running across. His colleagues came out to check him out and they are actually working in this Japanese restaurant next to Cafe Cartel. He was on his way back to the restuarant. This young chap had quite a bad fall and I reckon it was not due to the impact of the car. More like when he landed on the road, it caused him to have a cut on the right side of his head and he was bleeding. There were some superficial wounds on his right shoulder, other than that, he's sitting up conciously.

I was more concern on his wounds than the car, as I know a machine can be repaired by a human body is more vunerable. The ambulance came within 5 mins and he was sent to the hospital. The poilce didn't come till 15mins later and to think that the NPP is just 200m away from the accident area. Finally the traffic police came alone. Wrote down some particulars and made some measurements on the scene. And since he's alone, I've to help him to hold the tape. After noting down the particulars and some neccessary details, I was told to make a report to the IO at Ubi.

To think that at 5.30pm, 2 hours away to a wedding dinner and I'm stuck at the TP station waiting for the IO to come back and attend to me. Have to wait till 6.45pm cos he had to go through the statement of another driver. Anway, gave him all the details and what happend. Done in 30min, so enough time for me to join the rest for the wedding dinner. While walking back to my car, saw a summon on my wiper. And the fine is for not parking within the parking lot. WHAT THE FUCK!! It's a one way road and my bumper is just out of the box by 10 cm and I'm not even causing any hinderance to traffic! What worst could happen. Although it's just a $20 fine, but this is really rubbing salt into wound consider what happend eariler.. God damnit!

Wedding dinner wasn't great partly I'm bothered by what happened. And my ATR bros are trying to cheer me up but then I just got no mood to joke around. Decided to go home after dinner while some of them headed to JB to pump petrol and some stay around to enjoy red wine in the lobby. I went home, took a bath and went to bed. Woke up in sweat in the morning. This is what happened to me for a period of time when I was so stress with certain issues that happened to me last December. It's been some time I woke up in sweat and it really don't feel good at all.

Had no mood to work and told my RM that I would like to leave at 10am to go make report at my insurance company. Got it done by noon and went to Imperial Powershop to hang around for a while, before going to Y2K to collect my exhaust guard.
The guard wasn't done yet, so I went to the Goddess of Mercy's Temple to give prayers. It's been some time I went to the temple and since I'm on a bad luck streak, best to give some prayers. Bought 6 packs of flowers to wash the bad luck away from my car and myself. Hopefully this will change my luck and make it turn good.

Went back to Y2K to get the exhaust guard fixed up and headed to Imperial Powershop to hang around till 8pm. Drove around wondering what to eat for dinner and Dennis called since he's around the area, so went to 5 star chicken to have dinner. And now, home, ranitng about what happened and how bad my luck was for this week. And decided not to head up to KL this time. Somehow just don't feel good about this trip anymore.

Looking back for the week, really cannot believe how bad one's luck can be.....

Monday, went in to JB, got a sms regarding come changes in the roster and made some calls to check. And for this, got booked by JB's TP for using mobile while driving.

Tuesday, while on the way back on the BKE, already very tired so didn't notice I was driving that fast, at 110km/h, didn't notice there was a speed camera, got snapped.

Thursday, knocked into a jaywalker, got summon while parking in a lot. And the offence is for not parking in the lot.

What else can happen... I really don't dare to think about it... When one's luck is down, it really sucks to be in that kind of situation... I've to agree my carelessness does play a part for what happened this week. Then again, in one week? Bad luck? Carelessness? WHAT THE FUCK!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.