Saturday, October 08, 2005

Just can't get enough... (Episode 1)

It's been sometime I realised this. I need more sleep. I need more time. It just seems that 24hours a day is not enough for me. Maybe I didn't manage my time properly. But at times when I have enough time, I try to catch up with more sleep. But when I have too many things on hand to do, I tire myself out, feeling so tired and so lack of sleep. On the average, I'm only able to achieve 4 hours of sleep in 24 hours. So many friends to catch up with, but time is just not on my side to be able to meet up with all of them.

Few days back, I was having a haircut at the salon and I doozed off in less than 5 mins (which most of the time I do). The hair stylist has to hold on to my head to prevent me from knodding. While washing my hair, I doozed off as well. The best was while having my eyebrows timmed (yes, I do trim my eyebrows), I went to slumberland while the stylist was waxing and tearing off pieces of tape, repeating the procedures. As I'm still able to sense the hot wax and the tearing off the tapes while I was alseep, the pain doesn't matter to me anymore as my body and brain is so tired that I was totaly "switch off", then be bothered by the hot wax n tape. All these interval of naps make me felt like I had slept for hours, but it is never enough. The stylist was amazed that I just dozed off like that, sound alseep during the process of trimming my eyebrows.

The other such encounter was during my weekly foot and back massage. Usually most of my sessions are with sharp pain and I will be wide awake cos of the pain. And usually the areas that hurt most are the areas which diagnose that I'm lack of sleep and my head, shoulders and calfs are stiff. There was this once which I practically slept through the whole foot massage session. In the beginning it was painful and bearable. After a while, the pain turned to numbness as I was into my nap. I had to be woken up when the massager is done with the foot massage. Then come the back massage, and same thing, concussed in the massage chair.

I've never been so tired before in the past at all. This year has been a tiring year. Been through hypertensions, going through the stresess, overcoming problems occurring time and time, climbling over obstacles, putting oneself to the limit. All these issues somehow did get better, hopefully it will be better. Even with so many achievements in life, it's never enough to fulfill all the wants and needs in life. When one chapter closes, another begins. When one door closes, another open. Life is a vicious cycle. What goes around comes around. We are all selfish beings. We always want the best of both worlds. We always wanna choose what is beneficial to us at that moment of time, but we never thought of what will happen later. We always ask for more when we're given what is sufficient. We are never easily satisfied. Or is it just me?

Time is never enough... Just can't get enough...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have a lust for your own car. EEKS!

-faith-