Sunday, December 11, 2005

1 week just passed, in a blink....

1 week had pass, and it's been days I blog. Partly being that I'm caught up with stuff on my car and am very tired when I reach home. Let's refresh what happened since 5th of Dec...

5th Dec Monday.
Went to Permas Jaya early in the morning to install the DAMD bodykit. No complain on the fitting, yet. Wanted to fit the air funnel but then they don't sell another funnel by itself and only left with a set of Billion hose and funnel. Blue in colour just like the one Bro J and Bro P fitted. Since there isin't an extra funnel, and the fitting wasn't that good, decided to do it at where Bro J did his.

Wanted to take pic of how they install the kit, but luck wasn't on my side. My mobile phone died on me. The on/off button couldn't be used at all. The switch must have broke off. Was phone-less for the whole day. Just went to check out the N90 2 days back, and now my 3230 died on me. It's a calling!

Left around 2000hrs after having dinner. Met up with the rest of the Devils at Jalan Kayu for supper and teh tarik. It's been some time all 8 devils gather together. We're just short of the chief. Couldn't get him on the phone, reckon he was alseep after the half marathon. Went to Seletar reservior since it's nearby, parked along side where we parked the last time. What a pity my mobile phone is spoilt. If not it would be a sight to have all 8 ATRs parked along side the road. Devil D was complaining that I got plenty of calls from females along the way to JK! I diverted my mobile number to his thus he's receiving all the calls for me! and he don't wanna let me see the numbers to know who they are! Hahahaha... Anyway, those who called are my female staff, mum, sis, her, and her from Darwin which no numbers are shown. ;P

Anyway, Devil D and Devil J has a drag race. Devil J missed out the 3rd horn and we saw him stationary on the spot, only moving out after Devil D reached the 3rd lamp post. Devil JS and Devil A had a bet and Devil JS lost a jug of beer! They wanna go for another round but the cops were there, doing their rounds. We left after the cops made rounds and rounds along the road. Reached home at 0130hrs, totally shacked out. I was awake since 0900hrs and slept at 0400am the day before. Sleep after taking a bath.

6th Dec Tuesday
1230hrs, went to to PWP to repair my 3230, have it trade in for a N90. I'd only use this 3230 for less than half a year and it's giving me plenty of problems. It will just off and on by itself. It will hang suddenly, having to off and on the phone again to restart the phone! Super irritating! Whatever it is, sent it in for repair and bought the N90. Don't wanna waste my time anymore on the 3230. Just get what I want and have fun with my new toy. They will call me when it's repaired and refund me the trade in cash.

Had MOS burger for lunch and bought the other bear from the total 3 type of bears. Now I got 2 of it already. 1 more to go.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Visited IP since they just got back from Paris. Didn't stay long though. Only dropped by just to say hi and chit-chatted for a while. Was told that my strut bars won't be coming in till late Feb! I've waited since July till now and the shipment was messed up by the previous employee which no longer works for them. Only after asking him to leave, then they realised alot of orders and shipments are messed up. Well, have to wait till Feb already. Thought I could have it all up and ready for track day on the 6th of Jan.

These are how the strut bars are.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And these are good to have.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Left IP at 1600hrs to meet Bro JF to pass him the garnish which I never like. But since it came with the car, might as well keep it. And now he wants it, sold it to him. And he's also keen on the eyelids that I had. Am selling it to him cos I'll be changing it to carbon fibre ones. Gave him the filter element since I'm using Hurricane filter now. Anyway it was given to me by chief, since I don't need it, no point keeping it.

My Hurricane filter
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Had supper at the famous Black Chicken Herbal Soup restaurant @ Upper Changi Road.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This time, they have the black chicken herbal soup we wanted! Finally! Hehehehe...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Had this prawn thingy as side dish. Dunno what you call it. In hokkien, it's call 'Hay Cho'. We like it alot!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home late.

7th Dec, Wednesday
Decided to take out the fog lamps on my car and fit in the air funnel, and a hose to go directly to the filter and an air box to prevent hot air being sucked by the filter. Was at Lim Tan Motors since 1000hrs and was told by the boss that it will only take half a day. But guess what, when I got back at 1630hrs, nothing much was done. And he told me the materials only came in the late afternoon. Plus I was shocke to see what the mechanic did! He cut and knock the car inorder to have the hose run through. And end up, he didn't use the part cos it didn't fit well after cutting it. I was like, why the hell you need to cut it and then discard it when you can't even use it. Then why cut in the first place? And why knock to make way for the hose when the hose is flexibly and soft and you can actually bend and compress the hose to fit nicely over to the funnel? I was so pissed with what they did and Devil D can sense my anger, he didn't bother about me much. I talked to the boss, told him the workmanship is really bad. They cut the hole of the bodykit and end up putting a plate to hold the funnel and they have it clipped onto the bodykit. They didn't even bother to sand down the jagged edges which he sawed off. Telling me it will chip the paint. Bloody idiot! Then respray it!

I practically told the boss off! We had someone done up his car here before and it was nicely installed. I was expecting the same kind of result but i was greatly short-changed! And I was disappointed by how the mechanic work, how he go about getting things done with that can't-be-bothered attitude, as long as it's fixed up, it's done. Without considering the workmanship and neat finishes to the installation! I literally made snide remarks to the boss. I was recommended by someone and yet this is what I got. I paid cold hard cash and I didn't even get a very good price. I pay what it was and I expect it to be what it was and how it was. Not sub-standard workmanship and lousy attitude. I told him I will come back again to have them complete the job. Anyway it wasn't completed and it was 1930hrs already. I can't be bothered to stay on and they are so keen on going home, that they rushed to get the kit back on and missed out on a few screws.

Arranges to go back to LTM and get it completed. And it better be good. But I was wrong!

This is the Carbon Fibre funnel I'm using.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Went to have pig organ soup with Devil T and Devil D. Left for home at 2100hrs to take a bath before meeting them again, after spending the day in the workshop, I need a cold shower! While on the way on the higway, saw another ATR, black. I was in a rush cos I'm late already. So I had to zoom pass this ATR. he was in front of me and I was trying my way to overtake him. He knew I was coming from behind, and he flicked off his cigarrete butt, which then flew towards the direction of my car. Wasn't intentional but the wind cause the butt to fly that direction. Anyway, I managed to overtake him and zoom off. He tries to catch up and we had some fun on the highway. Hehehe.. :P

He couldn't catch up cos of the heavy traffic, and i slowed down to wait for him, waved to him and gave him the thumbs up. Afterall we're driving the same car, only different specifications. My exit was next, so couldn't really talk to him. And when I got home, he posted in the forum and said hi. This is what he posted.

****************************************************************************
[Hi To White ATR with Imperial decal]

Hi bro....

Im the black airtrek that saw u on ECP on 7th December about 9pm....i got to comment that ....your ride have got nice white rim,fierce carbon bonnet....and power power thunderous exhaust.....

Like to know guys more....seeing all your ride to be so DAMD fierce,,,i think im going to get POIson soon....My nick is Emperor108 and im a PUB Owner in Orchard Meridien.....Do drop by for a drink @ Flare Bar...

Cya
****************************************************************************

8th Dec, Thursday
Went to Vienna Restaurant for dinner to celebrate mum's birthday which is supose to be on the 10th.
Before going tot he restaurant, went o pick up the carbon fibre eye lids and made the switch on the present ones I got which will be sold to Bro JF.

Dinner wasn't what I expected cos I had people telling me it's good and the review was not bad. Then again, experiencing it myself was the best. And I conclude, the food sucks! Tasteless! Plain! Yucks! I don't understand why there are so many people eating at this place and how they can actually like the food. Honestly, I'm not a person who is fussy about food and I'm not choosy about what I eat. But for this, when the expectations are there, you are greatly disappointed when it doesn't meet it.
And the waiteress actually tell me I'm not allowed to take pictures with my mobile phone! DUHZ... Like I care! I told her off, as if I'm bothered by whether she allows me to do it or not? Show me a sign which says I'm not allowed to do so then! And does she wanna ban camera phones? Then what about them serving cocktails which contain alcohol and had a sign saying those under 18 should not consume. But? I see a bunch of secondary school childrens happily helping themselves to the cocktails. What say then? Some people just don't think before they talk! Stupid!

Does all these look delicious to you? I say it's common and nothing to be so wowed over by.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

'Buddha jump over the wall'? Never had it before, how to make comparison? Taste worse than the soup my maid cooks!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thank god my niece and nephew were there. Otherwise my mood would be so bad that I knew I will sure to 'chop' some heads! She's still as active and now her wounds are recovering. My nephew is really mischevious. He beats people by swinging his hands to where he can reach. I carried him and got slapped by him countless of time. He won't wail and cry. He will just smack you! Here are some pics.

Still as cheerful
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Grandma telling him some 'secrets'. Look at him! It seems like he understand them and concentrating real hard! Hahahaha...
He has this mischevious and playful look, doesn't he.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Was on my way home, then the Devils called and had coffe at MB. Home late.

9th Dec, Friday
Had to go in to JB and collect the bonnet which I sold to another NA owner. Sold my RalliArt bodykit to him as well. Drove from work to JB and was doozing off along the way. Super tired. Wanted to have my hair cut and facial, but she asked me out for lunch, so I had to cancel the appointment with the salon. Thought If I could have my hair cut and facial, I can take a nap and recharge myself abit before heading to JB. Anyway, reached the workshop at 1530hrs. Had lunch there and left at 1600hrs. Big jam on the causeway on the way home, only to reach his workshop at 1800hrs. Got a call from my buddy and met him for dinner. Couldn't get our other buddy and it seems like he's in Japan cos of the message we got from his mobile phone. Had dinner and some drinks. Met her cos she complains been some time didn't see me, why I so busy, what have I been doing, blah blah blah. So met her for supper. Home late, again. Was suppose to give her morning call her but I went to sleep straight away. And forgot about it. :P

10th Dec, Saturday
Mum's birthday, and I forgotten about it! Bleah..

Was bothered by the condition of my car, that I forgot about it. Was suppose to be up by 0800hrs to make my way there. Overslept and only to wake up at 1000hrs. Reach LTM at 1045hrs. Had them to touch up the edges that was cut off, and spray paint it. Fix the air box and put thermo on the box to prevent heat from transmitting into the filter. Everything was done by 1700hrs. But I was really really disappointed. Other than the air box which I can still accept, the way the funnel was done and put in place is really bad. It wasn't in the center and the plate holding the funnel is not done up nicely. Simply cannot make it! I gave up, just my luck and I tell myself I will never go to this workshop again! Lim Tan Motors! SUCKS big time! And this is what I posted on the forum, when others asked me what happened.

****************************************************************************
I'm really disappointed about my visit to LTM. Spend 2 days there and paid $609 for some stuff which wasn't what I expected. I gave up on telling the mechanic what he needs to do. I'd seen other bros car been done up nicely there and mine is suppose to be the same, yet the outcome wasn't what it's to be like.

Other than the airbox which is still acceptable, though it's giving some creaking sound and the fitting is not nicely covered. The workmanship for my air funnel really sucks big time. Rather I would say this mechanic really cannot make it. It's just some simple modifications and yet, it seems so dificult for him to do it nicely. Those who'd seen what was done, also commented why it's done up this way??? #$%^$#%^&

Simply just can't be bothered anymore now. Learnt a bloody good lesson, and definately not going back there for sure. Be it whether other bros are regulars or not, I'm still paying them SGD and the prices are close to market prices. Does it make a difference if you are regular or not?

Enough ranting... Better stick to my preferred workshop! Least they do things with commitment even though they may not have done it before. Not half fuck attitude, and giving you lousy workmanship. Grrrrrr.....
****************************************************************************

Here are some pics on what was done.

Air box
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by <br />Photobucket.com

Without bodykit. Notice the part where it was knocked to make way for the hose?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is how it is with the bodykit. Everything up. No fog lamps and not satisfied! Grrrrr...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These will be the splinters I intend to fix on the side of the front bumper. And there are a few carbon fibre stuff which I have plans to install. Kakakakaka... :P
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Was suppose to work at 1800hrs, but got no mood cos of the way my car is done. Went to IP and hang around for a while. Discuss with P about some modifications which are available and what need to be done. Seems like plenty to go for and lots to spend on. Hahahaha...

Was there for about an hour or two, saw another new ATR owner and chatted with him, exhanged some pointers. Finally left for home to prepare for work since the mechanics are busy with the cars they have. Reached work at about 1930hrs, and time flies at work. Was suppose to go for a birthday party but it was cancelled last minute. Stuck with not knowing where to go on a Sautrday night. Decided to go home and rest. Afterall, it's been days I had a good sleep. Moreover the following day, will be having dim sum. Better to recoup the loss of sleep for the past week.

11th Dec, Sunday
Woke up at 0900hrs and thought could go to Cartel for breakfast, since the last time didn't get to eat it. Am still sleeping, so I told her, we'll go for dim sum instead. And want me to call her noon time. I woke up at noon again, called her but she didn't answer! Bleah! Went back to sleep and woke up at 1700hrs. Gotta go work soon.

Well, this is how my week was. Busy, with my car, as usual. Going out with friends, meeting up. Lesser sleep.

No comments: