Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Chipped windscreen

Felt dreary yesterday! While driving on the PIE to Bukit Batok, one bloody stone flew out from no where and hit the windscreen of my car. Caused a small chipped and it's right in front of my view. Few cars ahead was a truck filled with tar! Marther farka! Anyway, will be going for my servicing soon when my car reach 16800km. Now it's already 16300km, and that's for almost 4 months of driving! Gosh! 4 months and I drove 16300km, which is about 135km per day!

Anyway, will get C&C to replace the windscreen and also to check the spring absorbers. Seems like the rubber gasket has worn off and it's causing the car to creak. This creaking sound has been bothering me for weeks and I've been trying to figure out what it could be. Even asked my mechanic and a few bros, when non of them knew what could be wrong. Until Devil D sat in my car yesterday while on the way to pick up the rocker cover from another bro. He's quite sure it's the rubber gasket which could have torn off cos it has happened to his car before. Partly also I'd lowered my car and it's adding more pressure to the absober. Or it could be that when the mechanic fix the springs for me, they didn't position the gasket back nicely. Sometimes you just can't trust those mechanic that you're not familiar with. Bugger!

Reached home at 1800hrs and concussed after taking a bath. Sometime woke me up at 2030hrs, but I couldn't figure out what it was. And thought I was late for work, I freaked out and got out of bed! Only to realised it's 2030hrs, not 0830hrs! Felt hungry but too tired to have dinner, went for supper instead at 0130hrs when I woke up then. Couldn't sleep till 0400hrs and I had to force myself to nap till 0500hrs, if not I will sure be damn tired for the day's "activities" later.

Will need to go C&C at Pandan later during the day. We've got the rocker cover from another bro, but realized that the rocker cover gasket broke as well. Since the workshop don't have a spare, had to order on from C&C and only Pandan has it. Now that's another trip from East to West again. Bleah... Yesterday had to rush from PP to GTR, which is at Bukit Batok and then to Tuas, pick up the rocker cover from another bro. His car has to reach then tuning workshop at Paya Ubi, which is at the East by 7pm. But since the gasker won't arrive till today, we'd to postpone to today. Yesterday was CAP => PP => BB=> Tuas => BB => home. If everthing goes as smooth, it will be CAP => C&C @ P => BB => PU => BB => home. Have to go foot massage after all these driving! Hahahaha... :P

Tuas was a good place to speed! The road is long, wide and not much cars around, only trucks. It's really too wide, long and empty that you can't resist from speeding up! I couldn't resist! Hehehehe... :P Took us some time to find the place and since there isin't much cars, why not! :P Chat with Bro J for awhile and admire his car. This fella spent a bomb on his car and he has done it up very nicely. He got his car only like 2 weeks before me and his modifications are much better than the others who has got their car for like 2 years. Well, if he has the money, why not. Took a few picture of his car and quite like what his mechanic did to spice up the look.

The side splinter is what I'll be putting once my bodykit is up (Yes! it's ready! Saturday can install!). But it won't be in this shape. Will be rounder at the edges and will be made of Carbon Fiber. Kekekeke... ;)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is what I like, the blue rim gasket he used. He took out the fog lamps and install an aluminium pipe to allow more air flow to the filter. I had the intention of removing my fog lamps as well, since it's not much of a use here in Singapore. And it would be more practical to remove it and use it to channel cold air into the filter. Until I saw what he used yesterday, then I confirm my decision to get it done! Kakakaka... :P
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: